Wednesday, March 24, 2010

LSP Certification

After 16 days of about 130hrs of intensive training, I've finally completed my LSP (Learning Support Programme) training of Phase 19! Hmm.. and not just LSP, it's the Enhanced LSP. We're presented with a certificate that 'proved' that we are 'certified' LSCs and hence highly sought after by schools. Really?

I've learned many useful strategies and lots of rules that I've never been really aware before. The entire programme is targetted at helping the weak English language learners who lack exposure to the language, come from non- English language speaking homes or lack home support.

Can't remember how I manage to learn the English Language in the first place... I'm most probably a weak learner too when I was young. I may be dyslexic too, always mixing up my b and d, p and q. I hated spelling. I remembered an occasion when I threaten to kill myself because I didn't want to go to school the next morning as I have not learned my dictation. But somehow, I've survived that ordeal and now I give spellings and dictations :)

My parents are not educated, they only completed their Primary School education in Malaysia. Both of them started working since 12. My parents' stories deserve telling and more elaboration some other days. So bottom line is they're not much of a help in terms of academic help, but I remembered having tutors... Perhaps without their help, I wouldn't have 'survive' the education system? But then again, the syllabus was not so intensive then... During my time, it was still Mr Wolee and Mr Yakee...

3 comments:

  1. hey, how can u forget Miss Lala???
    i would love to hear your parents' story :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Opps, yap & Miss Lala with all her hair & glasses... or was it Mr Wolee? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Lala had the big hair and pointy glasses :p
    Mr Wolee had the bushy eyebrows if i'm not wrong

    ReplyDelete