Monday, March 22, 2010

Julie & Julia

Think this is the first book I've read for pleasure this year... For a library coordinator, promoting reading in school, I'm ashamed to make this confession...

Bought the book "Julie and Julia" by Julie Powell from Borders last Tues. Was actually looking for books for the school library but saw that there are some "3-for-2" books on offer. Chose this book to try get some inspiration on what to do come July. Yap, it's the book that's made into a movie, based on the real life of Julie.
Julie was getting sick of her own life and came up with a project- to cook all the 524 recipes in "Mastering The Art of French Cooking" by Julia Child in a year. She documented her experiences in her blog "What Could Happen?" as well. She became famous and well, the rest is history.


Managed to complete the book in 3 days during my bus rides.
As I read the book, I could relate to Julie. Beside coooking and blogging, she's also trying for a baby. Last year, during my leave from work, I started 2 blogs to 'kill' time and to 'talk'. I'm glad to have a place to share about my experiences and reflections. Friends, relatives and people from all around the world visited my blogs. I would check into my blogs daily to check on the number of visitors and look forward to recieving comments. My last entry was a Christmas log cake. I've not been updating my food blog as I've been too busy at work and not cooking and baking enough.

Looking back at my blog, I wonder how I managed to come up with all the cakes... I fear I have lost the touch...

No comments:

Post a Comment