Friday, March 19, 2010

The Final Straw...

I've got the sign I was looking for today...

Was grabbing a quick lunch during the 2nd day of my workshop when I recieved a call to inform me that my time-table's going to change as well as 1 of my classes. From a small class of weak language learners to a full class of 40. It's Friday afternoon, I'm in the middle of a workshop, I'm away for 3 full day trainings out of school next Mon-Wed... Where's the time to plan for relief for a brand new class?

Ironically, I had actually volunteered to teach this new class in the beginning of the year as the teacher was on long medical leave. Somehow, because of the time-tabling, I was not able to then. Now, it seemed that the time-table is fine now. Why the change now?

Well, as they say, the only constant is change. You just have to adapt to it...

It was raining when I left school at 6pm. The bus was really packed and I was standing right infront, beside the bus-driver, staring at the traffic stuck in the jam. I suddenly had a most depressing thought that I don't even want to pen it down... It was an unusually long bus ride... perhaps because I couldn't get a seat and had to stand for an hr with my big bag and heavy laptop... perhaps of the group of rowdy Indian teenagers who were making a nuisance of themselves... perhaps I had an unually heavy heart...

Reached home finally at 8pm. Jerome was so hungry that he didn't even wanna talk.
I was too tired, hungry & depressed to do the same.
After dinner, asked Jerome about his appointment to KKH to analyse his troops.
He said there were another 2 guys there accompanied by their wives.
He's the lone ranger. Well, his wife was ironically in school in a sexual education workshop.

Then I told Jerome about my day and  my decision.
He's happy that I've made my decision now but had to remind me that he was angry with me when I decided to return to teaching full-time in the beginning of the year. He had wanted me to do part-time work initially.
He could see that I was losing my focus, having the wrong priorities once back in school.
School has once again consumed me...
I should have listened to him right from the beginning...
Part-time or just quit...
And save everyone the trouble that's coming...

He could see this coming... me throwing in the towel...

Jerome said I should feel happy that I've made the right decision....

Well... this 1 week 'break' has left me broken...

Tomorrow will be a better day...

No comments:

Post a Comment