Thursday, November 11, 2010

Put On Hold...

I feel my life is currently on a "put on hold" mode...

A couple of weeks ago, I tried my luck and asked Jerome whether we can go on our year end holiday to celebrate our wedding anniversary. My mother-in-law had postponed her operation to the end of the year so we could still go on a holiday and be back to take care of her post operation. The plan was that after her operation, she would move to our place so that I can help to take care of her. Jerome knows I love to travel so he agreed and asked me to check out tour groups to Taiwan since I've not been there. 

So after calling a few agencies, we planned to book our tour the next day since vacancies were limited. The next day, we were driving to Chinatown when Jerome asked, "What if you are pregnant then?" We decided that it would then be risky to go traveling during the early stages of the pregnancy.  So there goes my plan to travel. 

I just had my driving license last month and am planning to get a second-hand car which will be convenient  for me when I go for my tuition. At first, Jerome was the one who said he would get me a car if I've got my license. I had told him that I did not want a car as I don't really need it and public transport is convenient, etc... But I've since changed my mind. I would like to get a cute little hatchback. So Jerome said "Get 2 or 3 students to justify the cost of owing a car." So I got my students. But he changed his mind. He said I've just got my license, so there's no hurry into getting a car. I need to be more confident on the road first. Ya, but don't I need the practice?

So I asked him if he want me to take public transport and squeeze with other commuters when I'm pregnant? (not that pregnant women can't take public transport, but I thought that was a good reason/excuse to get a car) Then he rebutted and said it's dangerous to drive when I'm pregnant!? So don't take in so many pupils, he said. Just 2. ( I suspect he'll probably ask me to give up my tuition when I'm pregnant.) The car will probably be parked and not used for months when I give birth, etc...

So while I'm waiting every month to be finally pregnant, my life's simply put on hold...
The 1st priority as Jerome said for me was really to make a baby, meanwhile...

I can't go back to work.
I can't further my studies.
I can't go on holidays.
I can't get too many tuition assignments.
I can't get a car.
I can't even drink coffee or tea!
I can't eat too much fruits, too 'liang'.

I've to put everything else on hold...
Don't know how much longer I have to wait...
Don't know how much longer I can wait...

5 comments:

  1. Sheryl,

    I completely understand how you feel. My life is back on hold again because we're back in the adoption game. We can't leave the country for 6 months once we're matched with a child. So the initial plan, we were not going to head home for Christmas and then....husband decided, since the match is not happening, we'll head back. But now, no need to head back, need to look for new apartment. So well, I understand but I'll pray for you and Jerome. I believe that in time, God will pan things out. Oh yes, all my holidays plans are now shelved too. And this means, I won't be heading home for a long time. It does make me homesick at times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jasmine,

    Really thanks for keeping me in your prayers, that's very kind and thoughtful of you :) All the best to looking for your new home :) Adoption has crossed our minds, but we're still going to try to have our own kid first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really suggest going about life the usual way while you're waiting for the precious one to arrive. I would only change my diet to accommodate the possibility of becoming pregnant.
    One cup of tea/coffee once in awhile won't do much harm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hazel, Thanks :) Maybe I'll tell Jerome that he shouldn't have his cup of tea in the morning and coffee in the afternoon. Maybe he's the one with too much caffeine! Then he'll know that it's a 'sacrifice'. I think it'll be a torture for him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. u really should!!! hahaha!!! You shouldn't be the only one abstaining from coffee and tea... hehee...(",)

    ReplyDelete