Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My Neighbours

I live in a point block, so I have 3 neighbours/families living on my level. We have shifted here for 2 years now and we're still at the smile-and-nod head to hi-bye level of relationship with our neighbours. The most we managed was some small talk in the lift.

At first, we've tried to keep our wooden doors open when we're home, but security became an issue when 1 of our bicycles got stolen. And on another occasion, Jerome caught 2 men in an obsence act just at the staircase outside our flat. So Jerome decided it's a 'close-door policy' after all.

When we first shifted in, we actually presented some fruits to out next door neighbour. My parents had given us the fruits when they returned from a trip from Malaysia. So we've decided to share the fruits and attempt to make some new friends. They are a young couple just like us. Unfortunately, since our 'fruits offering', we have since only progressed to smile and nod head, small talk level of relationship. After the initial introduction, I've since forgotten their names :P

Anyway, I met this neighbour on my way home earlier this evening. I found her familar and realised that it was my next door neighbour. As she approached me, I noticed that she was rubbing her stomach with her hands. Suddenly I realised that she's pregnant, looks about 5-6 months pregnant. Envy... I smiled at her and she smiled back at me. I wonder if she recognised me as her neighbour or she's just smiling because she's happy she's pregnant...

She'll probably be having her maternity leave and caring for her new baby in a few months time. I'm also a full-time housewife then. I can cook and bring over food and I can play with her baby? A new friend, finally? Something to look forward to after July...

No comments:

Post a Comment