Sunday, September 27, 2009

Mum's Birthday...


Baba, Mama & Birthday Cake...

It was a crazy Sunday, was busy almost the entire day preparing for Mum's birthday.
Baked the cake on Saturday morning and decorated it on Sunday morning. Think it's the most beautiful cake I've created so far :) Actually, this is only the 2nd birthday cake that I've attempted. The 1st one was for my sister, SY, whose birthday was a fortnight ago.

Been quite some time since we have people over for dinner, so spent a bit of time cleaning up the house...

Spent over 2hrs preparing dinner at the kitchen for 5 dishes & a soup with a lot of help from hubby who helped with most of the washing up. He questioned why none of my sisters suggested coming over to help... I said it's okay, if they want to help, they'll ask. If not, it's okay. I'm manage... but of course with his help :)

Finally, with everything cooked, & no major accidents, everyone was full of praises for the meal that I've prepared. Mum & dad were clearly impressed. Dad was telling everyone that I never used to cook, but now I've made a lot of improvements.

When I brought out the birthday cake, everyone was further impressed...
My youngest sis, SL: You made this??? It look better than those sold outside...
Mum was almost grinning and it's apparent that she's very pleased with her birthday cake :)

After dinner, fruits & cake, we sat in front of the TV, drank tea & watched F1. A great evening spent with the family....

No comments:

Post a Comment