Sunday, September 13, 2009

About Being Contented

It's about being happy with whatever you have...
It's about making the best out of whatever you have.

A man born without legs hopes for a pair of legs.
The man without shoes hopes for a pair of slippers.
The man wearing a pair of slippers hopes for a pair of nice shoes.
The woman with a pair of shoes hopes for more pairs of shoes.
Then of course, there's one who goes on to owning over 6000 pairs of shoes...
Even if she wears a different pair everyday, it'll take her 16 years to wear all of them at least once!

Yes, we women all know about this. Just look at the pairs of shoes we have outside the house, in the shoe cabinet, under the bed, some still with price tags... This used to be me, but not anymore... I'm happy with what I have. I buy new shoes if I NEED them.

The shoe analogy is just one. We're always looking for more, better & latest...

The homeless man looks for a shelter.
The man with a shelter wants a home.
The man who lives in a 3-room flat wants a bigger flat.
The one who lives in an executive flats want to upgrade to a condominium.
The one who live in a condominium wants a penthouse/ landed bangalow...
When u're there, what do you want then?

Just like the games in Facebook. You work, you earn, you expand. You work harder, you earn more, you expand bigger. So when does it end? When will you be truly happy?

So what after u've got them? I wonder... cos it simply makes us happy in different way, making us feel contented for a little while & then we go in search for the next contentment level...
It seems like we're in a constant search of contentment & happiness... So life is a constant search about contentment & happiness?

For now, I'm happy with my simple homemaker's life...
Experimenting in my kitchen, blogging & playing games on FB :P, & with my DH 24-7 :)
Contented with life ... Of course, I seek to cook more dishes & bake better...
There's always still something to look forward to...
Boring Life? Well, it's just me & I'm happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment