Sunday, March 27, 2011

2, 4, 6 or none?

Think it was about over a week ago, I was reading the forum page in the papers. A lady wrote in to say why her husband decided to stop at 2 and not 4. That is stop at having 2 children... The bottom line is that they decided that they have just enough time, energy and $ for 2 children and not more. Hence, she aborted her last pregnancy that consisted of a pair of twins. Couldn't she have given birth to them and give them up for adoption later, giving them the gift and chance of life?

Then a few days later, another lady wrote in to share why she and her husband decided to have 6 children... But of course, her children are quite grown up now and somehow they have managed.

These are 2 women from 2 different generations.

What about me?
I think I like the number 3. But I'll be lucky to have 1!

Btw, the latest attempt on Letrozole has failed again. So we've decided to go for IVF after letting my body rest for a month before more medication... Told hubby that he will have to learn to give me my daily injection, play his part and overcome his 'fear of needles'.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sheryl,

    Me too, i used to think that they are so lucky and yet they aborted it. And i have to suffer so much just to have 1.

    Don't worry, IVF is not as scary as you think. But keep a positive thinking, this will help you to live thru the situation. To tell you a joke, i was so nervous the 1st time when i did the injection that i was breatheless and i told my husband to send me to emergency because i cannot breathe. He told me to relax and i'll feel better which i did. I was just having a nervous attack. I'm also afraid of needle but i manage to do thé injection myself. It is better to do it yourself because you can control the speed that you poke yourself.

    Good Luck and may god blesse you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yong Ling, Thanks for sharing your experience with me. Glad to know about your success story :) If you don't mind me asking and about sharing more, how many cycles of IVF have you gone through and which doc were u seeing. I'm not really fearful of the needles. I used to donate blood regularly and even see the nurses injecting the needles. I just want my hubby to be involved as much as possible. For him to share the 'suffering'. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheryl

    I replied to your email stated on the website.

    ReplyDelete