Wednesday, December 1, 2010

An Irresistible Offer

I went back to school today to submit my leave form to extend my no-pay leave with the resignation letter as a back up. The P said that they need help at the library, to purchase books etc. I quickly volunteered to help shop for books as I really don't mind shopping for children's books. Actually, I love to shop for children's books!

And I've got an irresistible offer from the Principal instead. He offered me 1/4 load- just be the library coordinator, in charge of purchasing books and planning for library and reading programmes. No teaching, 2 days per week, 4-5hrs per day.

I couldn't believe it! This is really good! I had to stop myself from taking up his offer there and then. I told him that I would need to discuss with Jerome first.

On my way home, I couldn't wait to share with Jerome the 'good news'. I messaged him and told him about the P's offer. To my disappointment, Jerome's response was "No!" He said knowing me, I would eventually go to school three times a week and work 8 to 5 again. He said I might as well return full time...

No comments:

Post a Comment