Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Visit to NLB

Just went to the library earlier to borrow some cook books but in the end I returned with 5 books and none of them is a cook book :P Hmm... come to think about it, it's my first visit this year to borrow books for myself.

Borrowed this Eyewitness Travel Guidebook as we're going to Phuket the next weekend!
 It's my first trip to Phuket. It'll be a great short getaway. Jerome had wanted to go to Tioman but the air tickets there are about 40% more expensive than the air tickets to Phuket. The last getaway we had was during the CNY when we went to a nice resort at Batam.

I've bought and read Julie Powell's "Julie and Julia" about how she started a blog to document her experience in trying out all the recipes in Julia Child's French cookbook. Well, she became famous, very famous and her story's been made into a movie last year. See... ordinary women in the kitchen who became famous... Hmm... when's my turn? :P

Picked up these two books at the Crafts Section... Yap, going to learn to knit... Wait & see...

4 comments:

  1. I've yet to watch the film... is it even out yet??? Would love to watch it though.
    Is it the one with Meryl Streep?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think it was out last year, so we've missed it. I can pass you the book "J&J" if you like to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. is it a good read??? or is it a recipe book?

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's interesting, of author writing about her experiences & blogging, not a recipe book.

    ReplyDelete