Sunday, December 20, 2009

5 Years of Marriage

Jerome & I just celebrated our 5th year of marriage over the weekend. We had our ROM way back on 19 Dec 2004 and held our Chinese Customary Cum Wedding Dinner on 18 Dec 2006. So officially, we have been married for 5 years & known each other for slightly more than 6 years! Can't believe how time has passed! Usually, during this time of the year, we would have gone travelling overseas like an annual honeymoon to celebrate our anniversary. This year, due to my minor surgery, we had gone travelling a little earlier.

So we'e been together for over 6 years now and married and living together for 5 years. Jerome has definitely brought out the best in me and I hope that I've done the same for him. He has been a positive influence in my life, encouraging me to do whatever I like (well... most of the time). In the beginning of our relationship, I felt that he's like my father... :P He has more rules for me than my father (for that matter, my father didn't seem to set any rules). I didn't have a curfew until I met Jerome! He even 'disallow' me going to karaoke with my friends!

Jerome is a really social & vocal person, making friends easily. I'm usually the quiet one, taking some time to warm up. He was a businessman and got to meet many people. I'm a school teacher and my friends are quite limited to those I know in school. It's amazing sometimes to wonder how we ended up together in the first place... :)

Anyway, Jerome is my pillar of strength & I'm his sunshine :) To my dear husband, let's continue walking hand in hand to many more great years of love as we grow old together... Remembering our wedding wows... Love, comfort, honour and keep each other in sickness and in health and forsaking others, be faithful, so long as we both live...



No comments:

Post a Comment