Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Answer...

We seek to find answers to our questions and ask why and sometimes we don't like the answer...

Last Friday, hubby and I went to KK and met our 3rd fertility Dr. He's the 3rd one we've seen in KK within 2 years. He was recommended by a friend who has conceived under his IVF treatment. He was the head of the department and was reputed to be the one with miracle hands.

Before we started on our long journey trying to conceive, we didn't think we would have to 'travel' so far and now to consider IVF. Just like the other appointments we had, we had to wait for over an hour to finally see him. In his office was a large display of photographs of babies and children successfully conceived from IVF.

Finally, Dr Loh came and he was friendly and asked some questions while he flipped through my medical file and noted that I've been through many cycles of clomid and Letrozole. Then just like the other 2 doctors I've seen before him, I was given an ultrasound. But what followed was pretty unexpected. He said that I had small ovaries! Finally, he had found the answer to explain the infertility problem that we're having! Although the other 2 Drs had done the same, all they could say was that everything looked normal. Now, Dr Loh had found something and I don't like what he found.

At that point in time, I didn't know what was the real implications of having small ovaries. But one thing for certain was that I could sense a certain urgency in his decision to let me start IVF as soon as possible, looking at August and with a high dosage of medication. While we were waiting for Dr Loh at his office, I had asked the nurse when was the earliest time we could start IVF and she said October. So August is half the usual waiting time.

But before that, I still had to go through some blood tests to check certain things before we're ready to start IVF.

2 comments:

  1. Is the IVF Doc, Dr Loh or Dr He?

    I really wish you all the best... (",)
    This road that you've travelled is really long, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hazel :)
    He's Dr Loh.

    ReplyDelete