Friday, October 15, 2010

Driving License

After 17 sessions of  2hrs driving lessons over a period of 3 months in a driving school, I've finally got my driving license!

Had my first driving lesson on 13th July.  And after 11 sessions, I completed the driving school's 30 lessons subjects  and booked my Practical driving test on 16th August.  The test date was 15th October and there was a 2-months wait. So I decided to take a 7 weeks break before doing a daily intensive revision a week before the actual test.

On Monday, I was still mounting curbs on the narrow courses and almost forgot about my parkings.   Fortunately, my daily intensive revision lessons just before the test this morning helped.  A total of 12 demerit points were given to me, all for road driving. Circuit all clear! Phew! A huge sigh of relief! Yeah!

After getting the test results, all the drivers who passed the practical driving test had to watch a 8minute video on road safety messages. There were lots of pictures of fatal accident scenes due to reckless driving and some horrible videos of actual accidents.  It was like watching 8 full minutes of gruesome horror film. I hope I'm not getting any nightmares later...

Is this necessary? Well... Think it does serves as a good reminder that safe driving is essential. Instead of the usual road safety messages that tells you what to do, here's one that shows you what happened if one drives recklessly. Reverse psychology?

Anyway, I've got my P plate and tomorrow I'm going to try driving Jerome's car :) It's going to be challenging for me as it's a big continental car and Jerome has already briefed me on the differences in the controls. Keeping my fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment