Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Clearing Up

Have been clearing up my work station for the past 2 weeks now, bit by bit. Been lugging home 2 full bags of books and stuff every day. 10% home, another 90% to go... Can't imagine how much books and stuff I have accumulated over the past few years. I think the $ I've spent on children's books is more than a luxurious trip to Europe!

Actually I've started my own collection of children's books since my NIE days. I've always been interested in books and stories. Hmm... think I started collecting books since my primary school days...To date, as a conservative estimate, I should have not less than 500 books, maybe even 1000? I've always have a well-stocked class library to encourage my children to read. Knowing that many of their parents do not bring them to the national library and at that time, the school library did not have a really good collection, I provided a conducive reading corner in class and for allowing the children to borrow the books home, hoping  to pass on the passion for reading.

What about all my furniture? I've a 3-seater couch, an antique coffee table (left from Jerome's business), 6 book shelves, 4 long book shelf cum bench, plastic cabinets. Yes, incredible, but the school is like my home. I do spend more waking hours in school than at home. Wonder if I can have a garage sale in school to sell all my stuff... Hopefully I can get enough $ to buy my KitchenAid...

Anyway for the time being, the books are going to sit at home and occasionally entertain the children who will visit. Wonder when I can share some of my favourite stories again...

No comments:

Post a Comment